Last Updated: November 1, 2019
- Information Collection: Personally Identifiable Information
- In the course of using the ODK Shop services, we may ask you to provide us or you may otherwise have the ability to provide us with, certain personally identifiable information (i.e., information that can be used to uniquely identify you personally) (“Personally Identifiable Information”). Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address, device geolocation information, and home and business postal addresses.
- Please be aware that when you register to become an ODK Shop member, other users of the ODK Shop may be able to see your screen or user name, in addition to any comments or submissions that you post to the Sites or submit via the ODK Shop. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and that you not use your real name as your screen or user name to the extent that allows others to identify you.
- I f you access the ODK Shop via a third-party platform or service account (e.g., by logging in to the ODK Shop using your Facebook account credentials) and/or integrate your ODK Shop account with your third-party platform account, we may collect certain information from such third-party platform, such as your username and other information you provided to such platform in connection with your account (e.g., name, country, date of birth, gender and e-mail address).
As you use the ODK Shop, our servers automatically record information that the browser sends whenever it points to a website or online service (“Log Data”). Log Data may include, but is not limited to, your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, the web page you were visiting before you came to one of the Sites and information you search for on a Site.
e. Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login password for future logins to the Sites. We use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the ODK Shop, to better understand how you interact with the ODK Shop and to monitor web traffic routing on the Sites and aggregate usage of the ODK Shop. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Sites or all functionality of the ODK Shop.
We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
- We and our service providers may also use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins and web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as to enforce our terms, prevent fraud, and analyze the use of the ODK Shop. There are various ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the settings or preferences area; see your browser’s help function or support area to learn more.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We may use your Personally Identifiable Information for the following purposes: (i) to provide and improve the ODK Shop, features and content, (ii) to administer your use of the ODK Shop and your ODK Shop account, (iii) to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Sites, (iv) to better understand your needs and interests, (v) to fulfill requests you may make, (vi) to personalize your experience, (vii) to provide service announcements, and (viii) to provide you with further information and offers from us or third parties that we believe you may find useful or interesting, including newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information on ODK Shop related services.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such marketing or promotional communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. If you are a registered user of the ODK Shop, you may also opt-out of receiving such communications by adjusting your preferences in your account. Please note that we may still send you emails regarding changes to our policies or in connection with a purchase via the ODK Shop or other purposes specifically relating to your account and/or use of the ODK Shop.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
ODK Media, 221 N harbor blvd, STE E, Fullerton CA 92832, United States